Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Babysitting Money!!

What is happening...
I babysit my two nieces every school day of the week. I have been watching the oldest all of her life, she is 8. Her little sister is 5. I get paid a little money and this time I used it all on me. I bought fabric. I bought some great stuff. My first purchases where from Joann's. DD1 and I went over and found some DS Quilt Collection fabric. I love it. I think they had all of it but these are the ones I liked most.  
I also bought some fabric to make a lunch bag for DD2. She is into pink and black right now

Then I went in search of some 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain. I love this fabric. I found some yardage
from thesproutzstore. I bought some for the Designer Mystery BOM. I was not able to buy the finishing kit from Fat Quarterly.

I also bought a Honey Bun of Essence by Sandy Gervais


I also got a Turnover of Swanky by Chez Moi for free. She was having a buy 3 get one free. So this Turnover qualified as my free one.

Next Heather over at RETRO-Fabulous mentioned that Erica's Craft & Sewing Center was having a deal of no shipping on US orders. So I hopped over and ordered some fabric. I love 30's fabric. I am always drawn to the colors and little patterns. I bought a fat quarter bundle of Paper Dolls. LOVE IT!!!

Then DD1 and I went to Quilt Expressions in Boise. We fell in love with the store when we went on our Shop Hop. I bought her some Batiks for a quilt she wants to make. I love that she loves quilting. It is so cool. I looked at all kinds of fabric. Finally I bought this kit. I love it. 

Sewing thought...
How much time each day do you spend sewing each day? Do you get to sew as often as you want to? When you get a few free minutes do you think about sewing? I love sewing but lately I have no energy to make it to the machine. I need to make myself get over there more often.
Goals for the Day...
I want to finish squaring up my quarter-triangles squares for my Le Petite project. I hate squaring up. LOL!!









4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you treated your self - good for you, you deserve it. And what great fabrics!
    How much time do I sew? Oh, I would scare people some days. Lets just say I have gone thru a large cone of thread a month for the last 2 months. Today I haven't done a thing on the machine. I sorted some of my scraps and smaller pieces got cut into pre-cuts for some order to the madness. And I went out for a soft-ice cream cone with my SIL - girl time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff! I'm glad you got to shop. Sometimes it's hard to pick, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some wonderful treats! I see lots of amazing quilts in your future :-) thanks for sharing your treats. I try to quilt every day, but I usually but things I "need to do" first, so somedays I don't end up quilting at all. I usually quilt in small increments of time between kids activities and errands. I'm trying to be better about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's some great fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete