I have done a lot of work on my daughters wedding quilt. I almost have it done. I need to make borders and then quilt it. This one will not wait until this summer to be quilted. I will want this one on its way to her and her new husband as soon as can be. I am excited to have this one finished. I love this pattern, and I will do one again, but for now I want it out of my hair. HA HA!!
Here are the fabrics I started off with.
This is me using a nifty little tool that someone from another group sent to me. I did not think I would use it, but it has become invaluable to me during this process. I know I will use it again with other curved piecing.
Some of the hundreds of tiny seams all being sewn together.
One set of arches sewn onto the melons.
I had to draw dots on all of the points to help in knowing were to stop sewing. I started doing them one at a time, it did not take me long to move to this kind of "dot making."
These are all of my pieces ready to be put into a quilt.
All nine rows sewn together, stacked and waiting to be made into a quilt.
WOW!! The top is done. I have not, at this point, sewn the points of the arches together. Again, big husband in the back.
This is where I am at now. I have all of the points sewn together. I will start working on the border next. She does not want the scallops. Darn her! HA HA!! I have an idea of how to do the border. Well I am off to figure it out.