Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday-Birdie Stitches

I am joining in today with everybody over at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Please stop by and take a peak at some great blogs!
Way back in 2011, ha ha that was SO long ago, I joined up with a quilt along done by Little Miss Shabby called Birdie Stitches. I loved making each and every block. Yesterday I decided it was time to break it out and get the top done. I have added a small sashing around each block. I used the fabric that I used in the centers. Next I am adding a small sashing of a matching darker fabric. When that is done it will be so cute.
This picture is the June block.
This is the December block with the first sashing.
This is the view from my seat in the sewing/DD#1 bedroom. She is working on FMQ a quilt that PQA members work on for her two years ago. Then right in front is my sweet baby, Chomper! He is sitting on my blocks.

I hope to get the top done tomorrow. It should come together very fast now. I need to add a few more center sashing strips, sew it together, and add binding. Then I can call it a finish project, ok we'll a finished top.
TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear from you - I do remember the birdie stitch along, yes it is time to call that one a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birdie stitchery. The quilt will look great. Chomper looks very cute.
    valspierssews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birdie blocks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete