Thursday, February 13, 2014

NTT-Scrappy PQA Quilt

Kelly over at My Quilt Infatuation has a cool link up party every Thursday. You can link up anything that you make with needle and thread. It does not need to be a finished project. You can be at any step from planning to bound and washed.
Today I am linking up my quilt that my friends at PQA have helped me make. You can hop over to our blog to check out my rows here. I started with a scrappy row made of squares. I asked for any scrappy row. They did wonderful work for me.
Here are my rows laid out on my bed.
I had a row of scrappy wonky stars on a white background that just did not seem to fit. After looking at the strip I decided to separate them and add them to the corners. I used some of the other strips and white to make borders big enough to make the corner blocks fit. It turned out so cool. The quilt needed the white to break up all of the scrappiness!
Thank you ladies for your help! It is wonderful!

TTFN

4 comments:

  1. I like this a lot and you 'married' it all together beautifully. A treasured quilt for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever solution! Looks great.
    Carole, from Fresh off the Frame

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job putting all those blocks together. All the colors really dance. It gives your quilt a lot of movement. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, wow! this is really awesome! It is so colorful and fun!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete