Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fun Stuff Before Christmas

I made a few gifts for my nieces and nephew. Towels with appliqued names. They turned out so cute!

MY 12 Days of Christmas swap was so fun. Here are a few pictures of the different stages of my table runner that my partner set up for me. I forgot to take a finished picture after it was quilted and washed, but I love it!!
Here are the corner pieces:
Here are the center blocks:
Here it is all sewn together with the border:

At the beginning of December my church group went to Hope House and dropped off our quilts that we had been working on for so long. Here is a picture of all the quilts in the main hall. We needed to take 68 quilts but when the final number was counted there was 126 quilts. Wow wonderful ladies!! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the star runner and the settings on the ends is very different, yet so pretty. Super donation of quilts, love when gifting is not only fullfilled, but over-flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The towels are awesome and the runner is gorgeous. :) I love community sewing - charity quilts, Christmas stockings for the children's center. . . fun to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is a lot of quilt. Good for you and your group.

    ReplyDelete