Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I've Been Gone a Long Time...

It has been over a month since I posted last. So many things have happened. My daughter came home from college and will be home until April 22nd. We have been having a lot of fun hanging out. We had a great Christmas and New Years Eve Party. I found out that I am going to be an aunt again. The little boy I watch during the day is going to be a big brother. We are all so excited. It has been fun watching my daughter-in-law grow with my first grandchild. We found out she is going to have a little girl!! I have picked up a small job making Stoma Covers. Here is a link to a website that sells them but these are not the ones I make. Then I decided that I was not going to take on very many more new projects plus I dropped a few things. I want to focus on finishing things this year. For the last two years I have been a part of a lot of fun things but so many of my beginning projects got pushed to the back. So for this post I am just going to hit a few highlights then come back and post all the goodies. I have been busy sewing but I have a lot more I want to do. So let's begin...

In PQA, my little quilt group, we had a 12 days of Christmas swap. My partner and friend did a wonderful thing. Each of the 12 days was a step to a Christmas Tablerunner. I LOVED making it!! Here is step one.

I finished my December hexies but missed the boat for getting on the list for January. 

December was my month for Let's Bee Together. I got my packages out late. I have been receiving my blocks back and they sure are fun.

One of the tops I finished this month was a Quilt Along I was doing with PQA. Here is the finished center block. I can't wait to show you the top.

For 2012 in PQA we swapped blocks. Each member picked a block and each month we swapped partners. Here are my blocks with a few extras. I finished this quilt top also. I love it. It will be going on my bed when it is quilted. 

In 2011 the females in my family got together and watched all the Twilight movies that were out before going to the theater and watching part one of Breaking Dawn. While we here all together we tie dyed shirts, sweatshirts and I did 2 yards of Kona White. My sister-in-law loves all things "Flower Power". So I took that material and made a quilt for her. I love it and best of all she loves it. She uses it ALL the time. I never took a picture so over Christmas I got one. That peace sign in the middle it one piece of fabric. It sure was fun trying to get that cut out and having it look ok. 

Way back in oh I don't know 2007 or so I started to dabble in quilting but never got serious. I had a pattern for a Trip Around the World quilt. I did not know any different and I had my serger out so I used that. When I got this out of the closet I only had to add the borders. Why did I put this away? Ha Ha!! This is another finished top for me. I love this one too. 

So that is just a few of the things I have been up to. I have not stopped reading every body's blogs and can't wait to get back into blogging myself. 

3 comments:

  1. At least you have been gone enjoying the fun things in life.....grin. I need to take your advise and try to finish something this year. Your hexies are so cute. Don't stay gone so long next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is always first, so enjoy. And if you are getting in some stitching time, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am on a mission to finish up old projects. So many tops that have not been quilted.

    ReplyDelete