Monday, December 26, 2011

Santa Sack Swap2~Gifties to Andee

I thought that now that Christmas is over that I would post the gifts that I have worked on over the last 4 months for my partner. I loved each item. It was hard to send them to her. LOL!

For the month of September:
This is the bag I made for her to put them in. It was not large enough. LOL! I should have made a grocery sack size. I will know better next time.
This is a thread catcher. I had a pattern from a LQS but I found this tutorial at The Stitching Room.
This is a thread/needle/stuff holder. I made myself one and then gave that away as a gift as well. LOL! I used a tutorial Laura posted on Sew We Quilt back in September.  
 Here they are together.

 For the month of October:
I cool note block from Joann's. I feel that you can never have enough notes
 I bought her 4-1/2 yard cuts of Homespun. She does a lot of Bonnie Hunter quilts and I hoped that this would add to her stash. I know now that I should have bought shirtings instead but I hope these work anyway.

For the month of November:
A fun Dresden pincushion. I used a tutorial from Molly Flanders. I love this pincushion.
 Then 6-fat quarters of DS Newer line. (Then she came out with another line) I hope this is a good selection for her.

For the month of December:
I found this tutorial at V and Co. for this Comp Book cover and I loved it. It is a little small for the book but it turned out great for the rest of it.
 A few more little notebooks from Joann's. These ones are so small and cute. Around on the back side are some sewing machine needles and stick pins.
 Then to top all of it off I made a sewing machine covers. I hope that it will fits her machine. Not knowing what size it is I am hoping they are all about the same size. I used and tutorial from The Mode Bake Shop. I changed it a bit to fit a machine that does not have an extension.

Well Andee I hope you like your gifts. I sure did love making them for you. I enjoyed getting to know you. I hope your next year is a good one. 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to go up and put all this stuff away and play with it now! I set it all on the ironing board on our way out of town...thanks again!

    ReplyDelete