Thursday, February 10, 2011

Block-a-Palooza Block #1

I am doing the Block-a-Palooza Quilt Along. I am so excited. I am a few weeks behind, but I don't care. I am not going to beat myself up over it. I am just going to ENJOY the process. I AM going to finish this quilt along. I had picked out my fabric a while ago. It is Hemming House that I won back in October from Sabrina Diehl at Doodle Quilts.

This morning I ironed, cut, and sewed my first block. <3I LOVE IT!<3 I was not sure if I would like this fabric in this quilt, I wanted to do it in Sunkissed like most others but there was just now way. My idea is to use what you have you might be surprised. I will be working on Block 2 later today. Have a good day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I really like this block and fabrics! Can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of your first block! I look forward to seeing more blocks in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first block. You have great fabrics there. I went with a totally different fabric - who wants the same quilt that 300 other people have! And love the statement 'going to enjoy the process'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's very pretty! I am toying with doing this quiltalong too...but haven't started! Love your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Shannon! I really like your choice of fabric...I actually wish I had not chosen Sunkissed. Funny how I'm fairly up to date with this one but months behind with the FQ BOM!

    ReplyDelete