Saturday, October 2, 2010

CGQC Theme Sept/Oct

I am still new to quilting. I have only quilted six quilts. I guess that is alot. LOL! I love quilting. I taught myself how to stipple and I love it.  I have looked at the spray but have not tried using it yet. That is my next step, spending more money on good batting a spray. For now I just use pins and cheap batting. After the quilt top is finished I make a quilt sandwich using pins. Then I fix up my sewing machine with the darning foot. After I practice a bit on some scrapes I just dive right in. I love the motion of the stippling. I could do it for hours. Just love the free motion of it. I guess that is why they call it FREE MOTION quilting. Then after that my next favorite part, binding. I could do that for hours. I don't know if this helped anybody but it is how I do it for now. I am sure I will upgrade to better ways as I learn.
This is my second try at stippling. I love how it turned out. This is one of the Quilts for Kids quilts. I have my second kit at home and just need to buy more fabric for my second donation quilt.

4 comments:

  1. for someone new at quilting,you are doing great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with quiltingnana....and I taught myself to stipple and it is so fun, there is a free motion site that you can go to for more things to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your quilting is just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! You're doing wonderful for being so new to quilting! I'm so glad you're joining us in the club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your enthusiasm! I'm trying to learn free motion quilting and it's getting better but my stippling is no where near as good as yours. :( blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete