Thursday, September 27, 2012

Late Maniac Monday



I am a few days late with Maniac Monday but I  wanted to post anyway. I have had a good week and have gotten a few things done. 

But first I wanted to thank everyone who stopped by my blog for the dots on dots Blog Hop. The turn out for me was so much greater than I could ever have hoped for. I had 80+ comments and a few people even decided they liked what I do and became followers. THANK YOU!! 

This is the block I made for my September partner for Block Swap Adventure. She asked for 30's or 40's fabrics in an older style star. I love the way this block turned out. 

For Parma Quilters Anonymous, a quilt group I started in my home town, we are doing a little quilt along. These are August and September blocks. I made three of the September blocks. I can't wait to put this quilt together. It will finish to look like this one.


For Saturday Sampler at my LQS this is my August stitchery. I love the ants. Someone's husband said they look like tiny cows. HA HA

I finished my September Schnibbles before the end of the month. I used a left over Halloween charm pack. This pattern is a new pattern by the creator of Schnibbles. It only uses the new "Candy" 2 1/2 inch squares Moda is coming out with. So fun!!

This is one of the two Plus Sign quilts I am making for a charity my church is giving to for Christmas. It is huge, my husband had a hard time holding the quilt and he is 6' 3"! 

I also recovered my mini ironing board. This was getting bad and the insulation was showing through. 
Before
After

I also made a pillow to go with my daughter's Senior quilt. 

Then this morning I redid my wreathe that is hanging on my front door. I love Fall so this needed to be all orange and yellow and red. I have discovered an cool cheap trick. I used orange and red Loofah's to cover the wreathe and as a bow. Very cheep and easy to work with. I hope this helps get everybody in a festive Fall mood.

So for my list I got a few more things knocked off!
Ongoing Projects

Swaps
Block Swap Adventure~Done
The Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap~
Let's Bee Together~Done

Parma Quilter's Anonymous
PQA Block Swap~Done
Count Your Blessings~Done
Double Delight Mystery Quilt~

Saturday Sampler

Paper Pieced (All)~
Stitching Month by Month~May~Done, July~Done, and August~Done, September

BOM's
Designer Mystery BOM 2012~July, August, and September

Monthly 
Schnibbles~April, August, and September~Done
Count On It~
Hello Sun QA~

New Projects
Designing

Piecing
Quilts for Kids x2
Hope House Quilts X 3

Flimsy
Tetris Quilt
Hope House Quilt X 1

Quilting
Two Quilts for my Sister-in-law

Bound

7 comments:

  1. A lot of things going on - no wonder Monday turned up late. Yes, your list is certainly getting marked off wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being busy, busy. I too enjoyed Dots on Dots. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I my goodness - you have so many projects going - I'm so impressed! Everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog header looks great!!! Love the font you picked. So glad the tutorial helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Speck you made is so cute! So fun for Halloween! You've gotten lots done Shannon :-) congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Shannon! Great chunk of work there. :) I love the pillow you made for your daughter's set.

    ReplyDelete