Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy

So, I have been very busy. This last weekend, we had our small community's Old Fort Boise Days. For the last few years my quilt group has put on a quilt show during this time. Our first year was wonderful. We were near the festivities and had a lot of visitors. Last year we moved to a bigger building, but then we lost some of our visitors. This year we lost even more. I am not sure what we are going to be doing next year, but we need to find a way to get more people to come to us. I thought I would show you a small peak at two of the quilts that were at the show. 

This first one is mine. It was a wedding gift from my husbands grandmother. We have had it for 26 years. We have worn it out. 

This one was made in 1955. The LDS church in my town, made this quilt to be raffled off to raise money to build a new church building. On this quilt, all of the names of the church members are embroidered as leaves on this tree. It is a wonderful piece of history. 

One of the other things I have been up to, is delivering Groomers to customers. My husband has been making Arena Groomers for Premier Equestrian for about 4 years, he is in a business with his brother. This picture is of my husband (the tall one), his costumer, and groomer, a new invention, a Premier Equestrian Pro Arena Groomer. This is the website for the other groomers my husband makes. He is so happy that this groomer has been making so many people happy. 

 This is some of the country we got to see on our way to drop off the new groomer. He had about a 4 hour drive. I love going on these trip with my husband. Good conversation, great scenery, and I get to work on my hexies!! 

I know life is crazy for everybody, mine is not different. I really need to come back to blogging! I miss this way of sharing one of the best parts of my life. 

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to hear from you - life does get in the way. I think you have your own answer in your comments about the show - location!. You need to move back closer to the center of activity - and offer some door prizes to draw people thru the door.

    ReplyDelete