Saturday, May 6, 2017

On the Road to Spring

Another of my UFO's that has become a quilt top is my On the Road to Spring. It started out as the Designer Mystery Block of the Month through Fat Quarter Shop. I loved the fabric, but did not want to make another sampler quilt. I have decided over the years that I do not what to make sampler quilts. I love repetition and order. I love also balance and equality in my quilts. Scrappy is very hard for me, but I am loving the process and the look of those kinds of quilts. Anyway, after I decided I did not want another sampler quilt, I just collected the fabric. One day while I was reading different posts, I came across this pattern. I loved the quilt! I decided I wanted to make this quilt and I knew just what fabric I wanted to use. So, I got busy cutting up the fabric and started sewing.

I made a small and large quilt. I will be using the small one as a baby quilt and I am not sure yet what will happen to the large one. 

One day I will get these out and quilt them. I am so excited to get old UFO's finished. How are you doing on your UFO list?

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment