Sunday, January 8, 2017

My Word of the Year

One of the things I do every year is pick a word that describes my focus for the new year. It usually comes from noticing certain things from the past year that I want to work on. As I reflect in December how my last year went, I start to pick words that will help me in the next year to feel more confident with my life. 2016 was a great year for me, I completed two semesters of college, getting 14 credits. I babysat my Granddaughter for 3 to 4 day a week almost every week, I completed a few quilts, put on a quilt show for our local town's summer festival, I had my first real cash paying quilting job, just to name a few things. But I lacked a sense of focus, I felt lost, scatter-brained, like I was the last one to know what I was doing. That is why this is my word for 2017!
I need to FOCUS on the thing that is my life. In my life, there are many different parts of my life. Each one is special, each one is important, I need to FOCUS on each of them. 
They each deserve my FOCUS!

1 comment: