Friday, August 12, 2016

A Finished Top~NTT

Over at My Quilt Infatuation, Kelly, has a link-up party every Thursday. I just finished this quilt top so I wanted to join in the fun. 

I am not sure when this Saturday Sampler started, but my first post about this quilt was way back in 2010. Over all these years, I had finished the blocks, but they sat in a box in my closet. Today, after working on the bellow project, I decided I needed to work on something different. After looking at a couple newer UFO's, I decided to work on something old. I broke this out and knew the time had come for me to make the top. Because all the blocks are weird sizes, the top does not come together easily. I had to add a bunch of pieces to make things line up. Now I am happy to show off the the finished top. I hope to soon have this as a finished quilt. I am not sure what I am going to do with this once it is finished, but it will not be a UFO no more!! 

I have been doing a Mystery Quilt in PQA, my quilt group. We have been working on Twinkle2 QAL. I decided to make a queen size quilt. I have figured I need to make 90 blocks. I have been slowly working on these blocks. I have finished 70 blocks so far. I am on the last 20 blocks. It will have dark brown in the flying geese. The next step is to add the sashing and corner stones. After that I will sew it all into a quilt top. I am so excited. This will be my second quilt with this pattern. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your UFO to the finished flimsy stage. I love the red flowers with the black and white backgrounds. Very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good getting to the next stage with any quilt. Thank you!

      Delete