Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Non-Quilty Post~The Ocean

Over spring break in March my family went on vacation to the Oregon Coast. We used to go almost every year but stopped after my husbands parents passed away. It was to hard to go so soon after they were gone. There are 8 children in his family and it was a family destination. Mom and dad would pick a time to go then as many children and their families that could go would rent one or two houses and make it a huge caravan to the coast. Well some time had to pass to make the trip not so painful. Four families got together and decided it was time to go. We rented a house near Newport and made the trip last for 8 days. It was WONDERFUL!!

Trees at Multnomah Falls.

Grandpa (my husband) and Abby.

Rhododendron at our house that we rented. 

THE OCEAN!! I love the ocean. It refills my soul.

Big Foot, my husband, DD#2, my son, Abby, and DD#1.

Not sure what these flowers are called but they were right outside the front door.

A chair on the back porch. Look at all that moss.

Hubby and me on the beach. Yes it was raining and yes I have no shoes on. No matter the weather I always get my feet in the water.

Last but not least, the sun and the ocean. I am having this picture made into a 20" by 24" wrapped canvas to put in my bedroom. I took this with my iPhone. It turned out perfect.

I hope everybody has a chance to see the ocean. It is amazing this plant that Heavenly Father has made for us.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. We used to do the same thing except it was every fall and Maine. When my mother passed away we couldn't do it either. Two years ago we finally did it again and it was fantastic. I'm with you, there is something about the ocean that feeds my soul and gives renews me for another year. Combined with the fall leaves I am in heaven.

    So glad you had a good time and thank you so much for sharing the beautiful picture of the ocean, I can almost hear it and feel the breeze on my face.

    ReplyDelete