Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sorry for the Absence!

What is happening...
I have been fighting that darn UTI. Nasty thing! Then weekend before last on the 14th my husband was home and we did about 10 hours worth of yard work. Of course with my RA it set me on
my back side for 5 days.
I HATE RA!!!
I have thought a lot about my blog during that time but just could not bring myself to blog. I have been reading and commenting but just took the time off. I will do that from time to time.

What I accomplished...
This is block 12 of the Designer Mystery BOM over at Fat Quarter Shop. I have started putting my top together. I almost have it done.

Here are all 12 blocks. What a great stack!!

Here are my scraps. Those are my 8 inch fabric scissors. I am so amazed at how many scraps I have. I have no idea what I am doing with them yet but it will be great I am sure!!

Here are my sashing, border and binding pieces all cut and ready.

Sewing thought...
How many books and magazines do you have about anything quilty? I have a ton. I just started a subscription to QuiltMaker magazine. I love it. Just about every time I go to the store if I have some money and I can I will buy a quilty magazine. I love buying books also. I have bought three books this last week with babysitting money. I have bought Scrap-Basket Sensations, Fresh Fabric Treats, & Three Times the Charm. I have gone through them and can't wait to make some fun quilts.

Sewing Goals...
I needed to change this because if I post at night then I want to be honest and just post my next sewing goals and have them be for any time. LOL!! I want to finish my Designer Mystery top. I also would like to finish my Quilts for Kids tops. ALMOST DONE!!

PS I just wanted to share this. My husband and I went on a motorcycle ride on Saturday. I rode up to The Owyhee Dam and saw The Glory Hole. It is an overflow for the reservoir. I thought you might like to see a few pictures. Have a good night!!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting picture of the Glory Hole, it looks crazy! I love your Christmas blocks - I'm such a sucker for Christmas fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That *is* interesting! Sorry you've been down and out. UTIs are not fun. Not to be messed with, either. :( Hope you're feeling a lot better now.
    Hey, if you feel like sharing your adorable Christmas BOM, I'd be honored if you'd like to link this post up at my fledgling BOMs Away post: http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2011/05/boms-away-monday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the Glory Hole photos - would love to see that 'in person'. Just love the Mystery Quilt - you have a few months before Christmas to finish. And all those lovely scraps!! Feel better sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blocks for the holiday! So beautiful. I have a ton of quilting books...and I've yet to use one! I'm online so much...getting ideas from blogs! Sigh...I need more time in a day. =)

    Hope you're feeling 100% ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been amazed at the amount of scraps I have had left over from each of the Designer blocks. I look forward to seeing your top completed.
    I had JRA so I can understand you pain and know that it is definitely no fun. For some reason, I have been blessed that it has not returned in adulthood.

    ReplyDelete