Monday, February 2, 2015

Quilt-A-Longs

Hello everyone. I missed not blogging last week but it was a big homework week let me tell you. This week is not as bad. I have missed my daily sewing time. I just have so much going on now that if it does not have a deadline it gets pushed back. So when I saw the quilt-a-long over at Happy Quilting I knew I wanted to join in. It is a fabulous looking quilt. Melissa and started quilting at about the same time and I love to see how far she has come. This quilt-a-long leads right up to the release of her first book! How cool!! Here is some information if you would like to join up too. 


Schedule, Fabric Requirements, and Prizes - Jan 29th
 Cutting - Feb 5th
Twists on Tradition Units - Feb 12th
Modern Patchwork Block - Feb 19th
 Improvisational Piecing Units - Feb 26th
Improvisational Piecing Block - Mar 5th
Appliqued Chains Block - Assembling - Mar 12th
Appliqued Chains Block - Stitching - Mar 19
Piecing Top and Grand Prize Linky - Mar 26th
Parade and Grand Prizes - April 13th

It is also time to start thinking about Hands2Help (H2H). I have been a part of this Charity every year. 

Sarah is doing something a little different this year. She has started a Sweet 16 Quilt-a-long to help motivate us into making quilts using a simple 16 patch. She has shown a few different ways to work up quilts using the easy to make block. I loved her black and white quilt with just a touch of color. I want to make two, one very similar to her's and then a multi-colored one. I can't wait!
Are you doing any fun quilt-a-long this year? Join up with one they are great fun!! Now time to go buy some fun fabric.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Lovely you got to pop in. Yes, there are so many things on the blog-a-sphere right now. I love what Sarah has done for H2H this year.

    ReplyDelete