Sunday, March 24, 2013

Some of the things I have been doing...

I have a friend that asked if I would be able to quilt a quilt that she had made for a friend of hers. She brought over this wonderful quilt. I am still learning how to quilt and I told her that but she was sure I would do a good job. I straight line quilted part of it and then FMQ in the horse squares. It turned out great. I loved it. She paid me $30.00. I was so excited!! I have not heard if the friend that received it liked it. I'm sure she did.

One of the UFO's I have pulled out of my closet is Twice As Nice: Eleanor Burns Signature Quilt. It uses one jelly roll plus yardage for borders, sashing, and backing. I made my own jelly roll with fabrics from Joann's. I had all of the blocks for all three quilts finished when I put it away. This is what they looked like as I was getting them out and figuring out my next steps. I just bought some fabric for borders so that is the next step. I will add some pictures of the tops when I put them together when I finish that step.

This following quilt is another UFO. It was in the same box as the quilts above. It is a quilt along that 
crazy mom quilts did back in May 2010. Round and Round Quilt Along. Again it is fabric from Joann's. I had all of the fabric cut including the sashing pieces. I even had all the colored squares paired up with a white and sewn together. 
Here is the center. That was the easiest part. It gets harder and harder with each round.
I love how this is looking. So spring like. It looks like colored eggs in the snow. At this point I have three more rounds to go then two rows across the top and bottom. This one is going to be a lot of work! 

My PQA group that I run gives each person with a birthday a fat quarter. Here is my pile. I love each one of them. So many fun fabrics. 

I was able to buy some fabric for a few projects so I will be very busy this next week. The kids are out for Spring Break all of this next week so I will have no little guy to watch so that means a lot of quality time quilting. Plus the little guys mom quilts and she is off this next week also so we are planning on two quilting days together. Here is a newer picture of him. He has grown up so much!!


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment