Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Vacation and New Family Member!!

What is happening...
This month has gone by. My girls have been out of school since the end of May. We have done a lot of visiting, shopping, resting, over sleeping, eating, and just about anything that makes a summer vacation perfect. I have taken some time off from blogging and I am sorry for not letting you all know before hand. I think it is time to get back to what I love and that is blogging and sewing. I have not done much sewing so I need to get back at it. If I am sewing then I am blogging then also. LOL! I have kept up with my obligations but I have not finished my Le Petite. I have most of the triangles sewn together. Here are the blocks and flowers that I have made this month.

Block Swap Adventure



What I accomplished...
Not much. I am sure I will get more done this week.
Sewing thought...
When you make Yo-Yo's do you use a plastic Clover Yo-Yo maker or do you use a template to make a circle then just sew by hand? I have made them buy hand before when I made my Yo-Yo Christmas Ornaments.
My daughter has been using the Clover Yo-Yo maker and she loves it. She has two sizes. She is thinking she would like more. Give them a try you might like them.
Sewing Goals...
This week I need to finish my Le Petite. It is so cool. I love this pattern. I chose the Ric Rac pattern. I am doing it in rainbow colors. I can't wait until it is finished. Oh one more thing I have a new baby. I got him from my son and his girlfriend. They named him Mr. Man. I am not sure if that is the name that will stay with him, I may rename him. He is 7/8 Dachshund and 1/8 Chihuahua.

Is he not the cutest little thing!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, isn't he adorable!! So tiny and kissable. Oh, you deserved a break and time with family is well spent time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the block for Let's Bee Together. I did mine today and came *this* close to doing a wonky log cabin! Also, so relieved to see your name on your block - after I wrote mine in (because I don't embroider) I thought to myself "I sure hope I read and remember right that we were to do that." :) Your new baby is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh ::melt:: what an adorable baby. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is soo tiny and adorable, love him!

    ReplyDelete