I have really worked hard on getting my quilt done from Happy Quilting's Quilt Along. Each week we have been given a new step and even with school work and life I have found some time to sew. Yippee!! Things were going great until last week. The step was to applique our orange slices down. I looked through my thread, though it was older thread, I thought it might work. Then Started to mess up. Skipped stitches. Broken thread. I tried three or four different way of sewing those big blue petals down. ARG!! I was so mad.
Then I figured it was just the thread. I switched back to my Gutermann thread and things worked like a charm. I usually only buy white or black so white it was. Here I tried a zig-zag and I think it worked wonderfully.
After sewing all 11 blocks this was the only flaw.
Bad BAD Thread!!!
Here is my top done laying on my bed. I don't have a floor big enough to spray baste it. I am not sure what I am going to do. I might have to take it up to my church to get it sprayed in the middle then bring it home to finish the edges. I am not sure how I am going to quilt it. My daughter said it looks like a tree. Brown branches, green leaves, and blue flowers. I will get a better picture of it later.