Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Finished Quilt For Irish Chain Quilt-A-Long

 I AM FINISHED!!! 
I quilted it over a few days and I finished it yesterday. Today I put the binding on and took care of the thread ends. I love this quilt. I will wash it tomorrow and put it on my bed tomorrow evening. I can't wait to sleep under my own quilt. Chompie is helping hold down the quilt while I worked it around in my sewing machine. Nice doggie! Ha Ha!

Her is the finished quilt. I had my husband and brother-in-law hold it up. The both are over 6 feet and ti was way over their heads. I it s queen, 90" x 90". 

I thought I would show you what else I have been working on. I am now helping my husband and my brother-in-law make groomers for horse arenas. So I am working with metal. My hands do not look like a ladies hands, I can not get the black out all the way.

This is the finished groomer.

This is me cleaning one of the pieces.

I will leave you with a picture of my little family. Me, my husband, our daughters who are off at school again, my son, his wife and our two grand babies. 

TTFN

5 comments:

  1. Just a wonderful quilt and so fitting that it should be YOUR quilt. Lovely family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! What a stunning finish!! Loved all of the colors you choose and it is so fun to see them all come together :) And so wonderful that you made it for you ;) That just makes me smile ;) Way to get it all finished. And your family photo is wonderful, what a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and it looks beautiful. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt and the colors very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt and the colors very pretty.

    ReplyDelete