Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Quilt for a friend

My sister-in-law's sister had a baby shower last Saturday. So in normal Shannon fashion I waited until Thursday to figure out what I was making her. LOL! I decided on a Sudoku Pattern. I read about it on a blog but I don't remember which one. I LOVE IT! The top came together really quick. I worked on it a little bit Thursday, Friday and I was only was 45 minutes late to the baby shower. I got all of it done but washing and drying. I used three shades of brown, green, and blue. The babies room is in a safari theme. She had is crib blanket out when I got to her house. This quilt matches so wonderfully.  

I only had a few puckers. I hope that it turns out ok when she washes it. I think it is time to try the spray basting. I hate pinning!
Here is the label. I have decided now to sew the label into the backing and then quilt it. This way it is part of the quilt.
As soon as the little one is here and in his blanket I will post a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment